The Rock Poster Society (TRPS) was founded in 1998 by a small contingent of collectors, dealers, artists, and enthusiasts. We are a nonprofit, all-volunteer (nope, nobody gets paid) organization which seeks to perpetuate and promote the long-standing relationship between music and graphic art that we so fondly call “Rock Poster Art.”
The Rock Poster Society is the planet’s largest organized group of rock poster collectors, artists, and dealers. TRPS (as we are known and pronounced like “trips”) is an eclectic, non-profit, non-denominational, committed and focused volunteer group who have as their common bond an overriding joy in the art of the rock poster, be it Fillmore and Avalon, punk, boxing style, or contemporary screen prints.
Although we are based in Northern California, we have members all over the country and around the world. We encourage you to become a member of TRPS to enjoy the benefits of membership, which includes newsletters and a discount on admission to our fall Festival of Rock Posters. As a member, you will also be supporting fundraising efforts on behalf of our Artist Relief Trust (ART) fund. In any given year, we distribute anywhere from $5,000 to $20,000 from our ART fund to rock-poster artists who need a helping hand.
- To generate interest and public awareness of poster art.
- To raise money for the Artist Relief Trust (ART) so that funds can be distributed to artists who need a helping hand.
- To act as a hub of information and resources that shall be available to all.
- To encourage the free exchange of critical archival advice and counsel.
- To embrace and perpetuate the ongoing tales and folk lore surrounding these vibrant works and to offer insight into their historical backgrounds.
- To bring to the forefront, through public events and exhibits, the many great artists who created these works and to unite them with their fans.
- To explore the continuing tradition of rock poster art from its origins to its most recent incarnations.
- To attempt to form a worldwide link with others who share the same interests and passions.
- And finally, to create a sense of community and fellowship among those who are drawn to the joy of collecting so that we may all bask in the wealth of our obsession.
Board of Directors
|Vice President||Pam Neumiller|
|Board Member||Carolyn Ferris|
|Board Member||Corey Hartman|
|Board Member||Gale Sikes|
|Board Member||Jethro J. Felton, III|
|Board Member||John Acevedo|
|Board Member||Loretta Baraona|
|Board Member||Pete Neumiller|
Who Does What
|Newsletter Editor||Carolyn Ferris|
|Social Media||Ben Marks & John Acevedo|
|Web Admin & Support||Maggie Duval|