The Festival of Rock Posters at the Hall of Flowers in Golden Gate Park is this Saturday, October 21! Here are a few things to remember before you go.
- You can get directions and a full roster of artists and vendors here.
- Tickets at the door (cash only) are:
- $40 – 10am-11am for non-members
- $20 – 11am-3pm for non-members
- $10 – 10am-3pm for members
- Free – 3pm-6pm for all
- Before the doors open, we will pass out numbered tickets for artists whose tables need some crowd control. You may choose one ticket for one artist only. Please remember that just because you are first in line at the door does not mean you will get the lowest number for your chosen artist (the numbered tickets are mixed up and drawn randomly), so there is really no reason to get in line the night before!
- At noon, Artist Relief Trust posters will go on sale. These posters raise money for our charitable work. This year’s ART poster is by Dave Kloc. Thanks Dave! We may also have a few ART posters from past shows.
One more thing: Our friends at the Haight Street Art Center are throwing a “Keepin’ It Surreal Halloween Party” on Friday October 20 from 6-9pm, timed so that those of you in town for the Festival of Rock Posters can see exhibitions that include work by Dennis Larkins, Isabel Samaras, Dave Kloc, Luke Martin, and light-show legend Bill Ham. Admission is free, but if you RSVP you can purchase a raffle ticket for a Mystery Tube of some super-rare posters from the massive and mysterious HSAC vault, including pieces designed and signed by Zoltron, Roger Dean, Stanley Mouse, and others.
That’s about it. See you at the show!